cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Call popup photo

boven012
Level 4
Level 4

We have a Jabber for windows deployment currently running in our lab environment. In the buddy list we have the contacts with their photo. When we start a call or receive a call a call popup screen appears. In this screen the photo of the called person i not displayed..

Is this possible? If i look at the pictures cisco provides there is always a photo of the caller.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This is very common scenario in case the number to contact resolution does not work. You need to create directory lookup rules to modify the incoming number so that it matches the number configured for the contact in question.

Here's an example

You have a contract named John Doe with a DN configured in AD as 101. The contact has an avatar.

You get an incoming call from John Doe but the incoming number is 9101.

This will result in the avatar not being displayed for a contact because number 9101 does not match the contact's configured DN.

So in summary you need to use Directory Lookup Rules and/or Application Dial Rules

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

This is very common scenario in case the number to contact resolution does not work. You need to create directory lookup rules to modify the incoming number so that it matches the number configured for the contact in question.

Here's an example

You have a contract named John Doe with a DN configured in AD as 101. The contact has an avatar.

You get an incoming call from John Doe but the incoming number is 9101.

This will result in the avatar not being displayed for a contact because number 9101 does not match the contact's configured DN.

So in summary you need to use Directory Lookup Rules and/or Application Dial Rules

HTH,

Christos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

You are completely right, it was indeed the problem. I have edited the numbers in the AD and now we do have the photo’s shown when a call is placed or received.

Thanks,

Vincent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: