cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JAbber for Windows Directory Question

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I've been looking around to see what kind of options are available for phone numbers listed in the Jabber for Windows directory.  Usually we draw numbers from AD and use the IpPhone field.  For various reasons this may not be possible in this case.  It would be ideal if the number listed could just be the primary extension of the end user.  Is there any way to do that?  I've found nothing so far, but figured someone here would know.

Thanks in Advance,

J

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can adjust the field mapping in the jabber-config.xml if you don't want to use ipPhone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I know, that's what I usually do.  But in this case it would be better to draw the extension from CallManagers database.  Either by device or the Primary Extension listed on the End User page.  I'm pretty sure this isn't an option.  But you don't know what you don't know, so it's worth asking the hive mind.

Thanks for the response!

You'd need to switch to UDS to make that happen, you cannot pull some fields from LDAP and others from UDS, it's forcefully one or the other.

HTH

java

So I've looked at UDS and it doesn't seem to provide any way to manipulate which field is read for the directory numbers.  I haven't found this documented anywhere yet either.  If it just reads the 'telephone number' field then this won't solve my issue as that's just pulled from AD.

That's correct, field mapping is only for LDAP, if you're using something different in the phone field than the actual DN from the user in CUCM, you cannot map that.

HTH

java