cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows LDAP User Lookup

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Testing Jabber for Windows with a limited number of clients.  While the Jabber client can make/receive calls and lookup clients both in users Outlook and anyone on CUCM, users who are not in CUCM aren't able to be found.  I've added the following jabber-config file to the tftp servers and tried resetting Jabber but haven't seen any difference:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Phone>
<CcmcipServer1>domain-cucmsub.domain.org</CcmcipServer1>
<CtiServer1>domain-cucmsub.domain.org</CtiServer1>
<TftpServer1>domain-cucmsub.domain.org</TftpServer1>
</Phone>
<Policies>
<ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>OFF</ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt>
<TelemetryCustomerID>org.domain</TelemetryCustomerID>
<VoiceServicesDomain>domain.org</VoiceServicesDomain>
</Policies>
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>
<ConnectionType>1</ConnectionType>
<PrimaryServerName>domain-ad1.domain.org</PrimaryServerName>
<BDIPrimaryServerName>domain-ad1.domain.org</BDIPrimaryServerName>
<ServerPort1>389</ServerPort1>
<BDIServerPort1>389</BDIServerPort1>
<SecondaryServerName>domain-ad2.domain.org</SecondaryServerName>
<BDISecondaryServerName>domain-ad2.domain.org</BDISecondaryServerName>
<ServerPort2>389</ServerPort2>
<BDIServerPort2>389</BDIServerPort2>
<BusinessPhone>ipPhone</BusinessPhone>
</Directory>
</config>

I've also added a Directory UC service and called that service in the profile attached to the end user but that didn't make a difference either.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then there is no problem, you're looking at CUCM for contact resolution because you have the use UDS option checked.

If you want to use LDAP, you need to uncheck it.

Whether you need to use just directory and not enhanced directory is up to you, look at the different settings you get with each option to determine which one you need/want to use.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you configured a UC service that has preference over the .xml, did you check the use UDS option?

HTH

java

Just looked and yes, Use UDS is checked.  I'll try unchecking it and seeing what the results are.  Also, the Directory is just a standard directory, not Enhanced.  Any issue there?

Then there is no problem, you're looking at CUCM for contact resolution because you have the use UDS option checked.

If you want to use LDAP, you need to uncheck it.

Whether you need to use just directory and not enhanced directory is up to you, look at the different settings you get with each option to determine which one you need/want to use.

HTH

java

Thanks.  Unchecked it and reset Jabber and I was then able to view contacts when logging back in.  

Does this mean if the user connects over MRA, which i believe only uses UDS, they'll be unable to lookup users who aren't a part of CUCM?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: