Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows MakeCallHotKey

Segan2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have followed the following instructions from Cisco Jabber 11.0 Parameters Reference Guide :

Applies to Cisco Jabber for Windows.

Specifies a key combination to define a keyboard shortcut in the client. The shortcut allows users to copy text from another application and paste it into the client. When you configure a key combination, it overwrites what another application does with that keyboard shortcut.
true (default)—CTRL+SHIFT+J is enabled as the keyboard shortcut to make click-to-call.

false—The keyboard shortcut is disabled.

specify your own keyboard shortcut—Specify another keyboard shortcut as the value for this parameter, for example MakeCallHotKey=CTRL+SHIFT+R. Your own defined keyboard shortcut can use the following keys: CTRL and [SHIFT or ALT (but not both)], + a character, or CTRL + a character.

Example: <MakeCallHotKey>false</MakeCallHotKey>

Still i was unable to change the shortcut. We are using Jabber version 11.7

Attached is my Jabber config file.

Has anyone here had similar issue or am i misreading the guide ? :)

Thank You

Boris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Boris,

You have probably figured it out by now, but I figured I would weigh in. You don't need both of the statements in the phone section. If you edit your xml file to this:

<Phone>
   <MakeCallHotKey>CTRL+J</MakeCallHotKey>
</Phone>

it should work. 

HTH

Adam 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Boris,

You have probably figured it out by now, but I figured I would weigh in. You don't need both of the statements in the phone section. If you edit your xml file to this:

<Phone>
   <MakeCallHotKey>CTRL+J</MakeCallHotKey>
</Phone>

it should work. 

HTH

Adam