Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Group Chat Error

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM and IM&P are both at 10.5

This is new deployment and we're doing pre-deployment testing.  When one person creates a group chat with a couple of other people, both of the others get invited to the group chat and upon accepting, both see the group conversation.  However, only one of them is able to actually chat.  For the other person, every time they type something into the group chat window and hit ENTER, the text appears in their own window as if it was sent but it doesn't show up on either of the other peoples' screens.  Also, they receive a pop up window that says "Access denied.  Cannot Join.  You have been blocked from this room." 

These are just ad-hoc group chats.

Any idea what the issue might be?

7 Replies 7

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kylebrogers,

Could you share some screen shots of the "Group Chat and Persistent Chat" page under the Messaging tab of the IM and Presence Administration page.

Also do you have a Primary Group Chat Server Alias defined?

I will get those today and post them.  I'm curious though - I know a database server is required for persistent chat rooms, but is it also required for ad-hoc group chats?

Ad hoc chats do not require an External DB, anyways you do not have Persistent chat enabled. I would like to know the answers of the questions i asked in my previous post, this issue seems specific to a user.

Tapan

Here are the screenshots.  Just a quick reminder that I'm only trying to get ad-hoc group chat going and not persistent chat. 

Bump. 

Also, I do have Primary Group Chat Server Aliases, which are:

conference-2-StandAloneCluster389a6.<domain>         <Presence Primary IP>

conference-3-StandAloneCluster389a6.<domain>         <Presence Secondary IP>

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ad hoc chat or Group chat does not need an external DB. This is a weird behavior that you have reported. 

Few Questions

- Does all the participants of Group Chat use the same Jabber version?

- Do all the participants in the group chat homed on a single CUP cluster?

- Is the issue intermittent or can you reproduce it every-time?

- Does the participating users can send IM among-st them?

is it possible you can collect a Problem report and open a TAC case?

Tapan

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

bump