cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber hibernate/suspend connectivity issues

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We have J4W and Mac versions 10.x /11.x running on Windows 7 and receive many complaints of Jabber not connecting after coming out of hibernate/suspend mode.  The users have to use task manager to kill Jabber and it reconnects with no issues.  This happens when connecting through MRA or on prem and is fairly inconsistent.  We've also noticed sometimes the client is connected to CUCM but not IM/P and vice versa so when IM&P isn't working they can use their phone.

Windows 7 (64bit) with Symantec AV and Microsoft Direct Access

CUCM 10.5.2

CUPS 10.5.2

Expressway C&E - 8.5

Thoughts? 

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although the issue is inconsistent you may want to verify the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuh42648/?reffering_site=dumpcr

J4W not connecting for voice after sleep
CSCuh42648

Symptom:
Jabber for Windows stops registering it's CSF softphone client with CUCM, after a laptop sleeps then resumes.

Conditions:
This will be experienced if it's first TFTP server is not pingable immediately upon resuming and if it has a second TFTP server that will never be pingable from that particular network location.

It fails because it does not ever loop back to the earlier TFTP, but instead continues to attempt to ping the last TFTP in it's list.

Workaround:
Remove secondary/tertiary TFTP servers that are unable to be pinged. The last TFTP server must be pingable from every network location where Jabber for Window's CSF client is expected to function.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

While this may be a viable solution for some, it does not help me.  I have to VPN into my company's network before any ping could work. Obviously, I can't authenticate to the VPN before a ping is initiated by Jabber.  What is being done long-term to fix this issue?  It is extremely frustrating.  If I forget to reset it upon resuming, I receive no calls or Jabber messages even though it appears that I am online.  Like the OP, I have to go into Task Manager is kill the process, which is unacceptable for what is supposed to be enterprise-grade communication software!

Does your company use Microsoft Direct Access (VPN)?  

No.  We use PulseSecure.

Have you found a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem, in relation with a VPN as well.

I have the same issue. Any ideas how to fix it?

We use WatchGuard as VPN.

I had this issue until we upgraded.  We are now at Cisco Jabber 11.8.2 and I no longer have issues with Jabber freezing after hibernating / sleeping my laptop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: