cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM extremely lengthy connect times

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

We're trying to get Jabber IM for Android working in our environment.  For some reason, it takes nearly 5 minutes to connect to the server over the same VPN the iPhone Jabber IM client takes 5 seconds.  We're using CUCM IM/P 9.1.1a on-prem.

The About > Report a problem flow seems to still be pointing at the EAP PRT server, so I can't even get the logs to troubleshoot.  Anyone have any advice/tips on troubleshooting slow connectivity like this?

Jabber for Windows, Mac, and iPhone all connect very fast over the same VPN link, which is using AnyConnect.

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I remember correctly, you should be able to email the problem report from your android client.

also have you tried connecting via wireless, and is there a significant improvement?  in other words can you potentially pin point this issue to bing VPN related?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I think the issue is related to my previous testing of the 9.5 beta client on the same device.  Even though the data was cleared and it was uninstalled, the Report a Problem flow still points at the EAP problem report server, which tells me that Cisco didn't design it to uninstall cleanly.  I can only produce the slowness on that device, so that's probably the issue.

Hi Paul,

I have the EXACT same issue except that this phone did not have a previously installed beta version.  Did you ever get this resolved?

TIA,

Amir

We gave up.  The reuqirement for a VPN connection is a show-stopper for this being anywhere near feasible for mass use.  I know Expressway support is coming, so we'll re-evaluate when it's out there.