Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber in a Multi Environment

faugusto.ti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody.

I need a help to deploy Jabber Client in a multi platform environment. I have in my network Mac and Windows clients, and I'm having problems with Windows versions to find users via AD/LDAP.

To solve this I have created a jabber-config.xml in a local client which works like a charm. So, I'm thinking to put this file in TFTP (like documentation says to do), but I'm worried because I have Mac clients using the same CUCM infrastructure.

Deploying this file via TFTP will cause issues on my Mac clients (Which are working all features fine)? Or this file is only used by Windows clients?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards,

Fernando

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the moment the Jabber for Mac clients are not reading jabber-config.xml. They are still using the LDAP profile on CUP. We expect that to change though when Cisco releases the 9.0 version. If that happens [read: nothing is certain until it FCS] you would either need to adjust the global file to ensure it works for both platforms; or, create group-based configuration files.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.