Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Local Contacts?

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

We use Jabber via MRA and we can see and dial the CUCM contacts fine.

The local contacts show up in a search but when you click on them it complains they are not users setup for chat.

I don't want to chat, I want to call them....what am I doing wrong?

I assumed I searched for a local contact, pressed them and it dialed? No?

Its a shame you cant import local phone contacts or at least see them in a list like you do with the native dialer.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You haven't specified a version or the platform you're trying this on (e.g. Windows, iOS, etc).

I don't want to chat, I want to call them....what am I doing wrong?

I assumed I searched for a local contact, pressed them and it dialed? No?

I just tried this with both a local contact and a custom contact created within Jabber. In both cases I only have the option to call. Please clarify which you're trying this with, clarify what attributes are populated on the contact, and attach your jabber-config.xml file (redacting BDI login details if present).

Its a shame you cant import local phone contacts or at least see them in a list like you do with the native dialer.

The local address book is supported assuming you haven't disabled it with the EnableLocalAddressBookSearch setting.

Hey

Apologies for the delayed reply, been a busy week!

Its jabber for mobile, so IOS and Android. 

It seems you can't actually add contacts from the phone book INTO jabber.

So for example, if I go to Contacts > Add Contacts and search for somebody within Jabber, it only searches the directory. I can then add a contact into Jabber from the directory.

If I want to call a local phone contact, I have to go to Keypad and his the small contact button to the left of where you type in the number to dial. This then lets me access my personal contacts.

I am sure a previous version of Jabber let me search for local phone contacts and add them to Jabber along with the directory contacts so I could create a custom Jabber contact list with Directory and local contacts....but not anymore?

Cheers