Helpful
Replies

Jabber loggin not working (IM&P)

simc92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 2 IM&P (HA) servers.
Since a few days, some users can't connect in Jabber (invalid password or username). However the password is correct.
The 2 servers have been restarted and are in normal state.

When I manually assign the user to the other presence server, he manages to connect.

Do you have any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Profit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If users are able to sign in to one IMP server and not the other but everything is showing green, have you ran a DB status on your CUCM and/or IMP servers?
On the CUCM & IMP Pub CLI <utils dbreplication status>

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

In CUCM, go to System > Presence Redundancy Group 
Please send a screenshot of the redundancy group in question. 

I believe your IM&P is in failedover state. 

simc92
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the status of the servers : 

CUCM-state.png

Thanks.

Ok. That looks good. 
Have you also looked at the presence topology page on IM&P Pub and Sub?
If not, go System > Presence Topology, then click on each node and verify all services show green. 

Another thing to check would be the LDAP settings for those users (did the passwords expire or some other issue). Also, have the user accounts been altered in CUCM (Home Cluster or IMP checkboxes unchecked, or no longer in the Standard CCM End Users access control group)?

Maren

simc92
Level 1
Level 1

All is green at the presence topology page (nodes are reachable and all services are started).

Users have not changed their passwords recently and everything seems to be fine on the LDAP side. The "Home Cluster" and "IMP" checkboxes are checked and the groups permissions are well set too.

If I manually assign the concerned users to the other presence server (server B to A), they immediately get logged in Jabber. However, most of the users on the two servers are working (about 2500 users per server).

Thanks for your help.

When you assign users on this non working node, on presence server check if these users are showing assigned  under this node. I assume they might be in  Unassigned state . 

Could you share the presence topology screenshot from presence server. How do you distribute the users ? balanced ? 

Response Signature

Robert Profit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If users are able to sign in to one IMP server and not the other but everything is showing green, have you ran a DB status on your CUCM and/or IMP servers?
On the CUCM & IMP Pub CLI <utils dbreplication status>

Rob

simc92
Level 1
Level 1

The replication between the two servers was 'out of sync'.

The replication has been rebuilt and is working again.

Fantastic! Glad to hear everything is working again!