Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login problem

Hi guys . We are having sporadic problems when 1/2/3 users can't login, when other 100 users have not this problem . It happens once in 2-3 weeks.  It's not configuration issue I think because it was working on those users and nothing was changed on their profiles, and it will work after couple days again with no intervention from my side. I am trying to figure it out is it license not enough or communication btw CUCM and IM&P ??   How can I check it ?  I see we have 255 enhanced 10.5 , 94 cuwl standard messaging, 197 cuwl standard available on Prime .  

I see only one Dns unreachable warning on IM&P, but i dont think this may cause issue, i can resolve any names from IM&P from cli and ping . 

some users says jabber was working and then it just automatically logged off , others can't login after pc restarts . 

I also attached syslog screenshot with dns issue. How can i fix it ? 

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licenses are not dynamic, once you configure a user for IM&P or a device, it will consume a license as long as it's configured/enabled for the feature. If you do not have enough licenses for your config, you would see a big banner once you login to cucm admin telling you of a license problem.

If this is sporadic, you best shot to find out what happened is to pull a PRT from those users when they face the issue, and review the logs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi , thank you for ur response. I saw cucm syslogs nothing there related to this issue, cucm alternate syslog has only "Endpoint unregistered" message including CSF of that user (which was disconnected automatically )

IM&P syslog has only those messages I attached already . 

which logs I need to collect and how to get that PRT ?

I'd start by looking at the PRT before digging into CUCM/IMP logs, specially if this only happens for a few users and is not consistent.

Tell your users to go to options -> help -> report a problem, and use the wizard that will popup, that will collect all the logs from Jabber and related info into a zip file they can send your way.

HTH

java

something most informative from jabber log :

2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 DEBUG [0x000006fc] [\implementation/WatchedContacts.cpp(115)] [cuc-extension-provider] [WatchedContacts::OnContactPresenceUpdated] - Received presence updated message for fakhriddib@xxx.comEntering
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(387)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setPresence] - New presence: [newPresenceState: Unavailable][newRichPresenceStatus: None] ,new custom message:
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(504)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setState] - Presence state: [update: Unavailable]
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(455)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setAlertOnAvailableCapability] - Enabled: [enabled: 1] ,contact: fakhriddib@xxx.com
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(463)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setAlertOnAvailableCapability] - AWA capability set to: [enabled: 1] ,contact: fakhriddib@xxx.com
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(504)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setState] - Presence state: [update: Unavailable]
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(455)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setAlertOnAvailableCapability] - Enabled: [enabled: 1] ,contact: fakhriddib@xxx.com
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [ices\impl\presence\PresenceImpl.cpp(463)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceImpl::setAlertOnAvailableCapability] - AWA capability set to: [enabled: 1] ,contact: fakhriddib@xxx.com
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 DEBUG [0x000006fc] [\handlers\PresenceChangeHandler.cpp(217)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceChangeHandler::execute] - Presence updated for Contact URI: fakhriddib@xxxx.com, DisplayName: Fakhriddinov, Bekzod (New York), Contact Ptr: 1A924360, Person Ptr: 08519028. Presence object: State: Unavailable, Message: , IMState: 1, IsManual: 1, IsSecure: 0, HasPhone: 0, PhoneState: 2, InMeeting: 0, InWebexMeeting: 0, SharingDesktop: 0AlertWhenAvailable: 0AlertWhenAvailableCapability: 1AlertOnAvailableIndicatorVisible: 0
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 INFO [0x000006fc] [\handlers\PresenceChangeHandler.cpp(222)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceChangeHandler::execute] - Local contact presence changed: [oldState: Available][newState: Unavailable]
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 DEBUG [0x000006fc] [\handlers\PresenceChangeHandler.cpp(110)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::PresenceChangeHandler::updatePresenceOption] - [localContactPresence->toString(): "State: Unavailable, Message: , IMState: 1, IsManual: 1, IsSecure: 0, HasPhone: 0, PhoneState: 2, InMeeting: 0, InWebexMeeting: 0, SharingDesktop: 0AlertWhenAvailable: 0AlertWhenAvailableCapability: 1AlertOnAvailableIndicatorVisible: 0"]
2017-03-24 10:54:17,358 DEBUG [0x000006fc] [p\handlers\PresenceChangeHandler.cpp(84)] [IMPServices] [CSFUnified::logPresenceOptions] - [PresenceOption: "getIsDefault :1getIsSystem :0getIsCustom :0 State: Available, Message: , IMState: 2, IsManual: 1, IsSecure: 0, HasPhone: 0, PhoneState: 2, InMeeting: 0, InWebexMeeting: 0, SharingDesktop: 0AlertWhenAvailable: 0AlertWhenAvailableCapability: 0AlertOnAvailableIndicatorVisible: 0"]

Still not clear why this is happening , I did restet jabber, deleted local folder , tsrated it again, anyway user can't login...  What else we can check ? 

Is that the PRT of a user who cannot login??

You should see the whole DNS/SRV communication going on, as well as the servers to which it's trying to connect and the replies from them.

HTH

java

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

How many IMP servers do you have and how it's configured.

Do you have HA configured in Balanced Mode???

Check those users is in Active IMP or standby IMP.

Sometime if your users move from one IMP server to another IMP you will get these type of issues.

Because 100 users are working fine that means there are no issues in SRV and A records.

we have 2 IMP server running as Active /Standby. Only one is active right now, second has 0 assigned and 0 active.  Right now i have "your username and password is not correct " message on another user too.   I deleted those users from IMP cli and re-run sync with CUCM , users came up in IMP (I checked DB : run sql select * from enduser where... )   

Now on IMP administration page  I see those users in "All unassigned users " directory.   How can I bring them back to assigned users ? 

CTI enabled is checked on those users and they have correct UC profiles. I tried to re-sync IMP with cucm , its hanging on on status "Starting" for 20 minutes. I don't have license unavailability banner on IMP or CUCM  BUT is it possible that those users were unassigned because of no licenses available ? 

Thank you 

Good to know I think we are nearby our solution. As per your comment, you are not able to login with those unassigned users.

check  the users which are showing as Unassigned has the Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence checkbox checked at the End User level on CM

-  Click to User Management > Assign Presence Users > Find > Selected User that
needed to be assigned > Selected the Node > Save

can you check both the servers status in presence group in cucm it should show Normal. Are you able to see a green check in IMP side?

tried to assign user to imp server and getting error:  " update failed, cannot assign user to a server  that is not in a valid state" 

also IMP topology troubleshooter shows error : "Presence redundancy groups with high availability enabled and not in a NORMAL state" 

Can you click on switch failover and see it should come to normal state.

If still, you are not able to resolve then restart XCP Router services 

But make sure you are informing other users also because while restarting I think you will have 10-20 second downtime for the users 

"Can you click on switch failover and see it should come to normal state." Where should i check switch failover on IMP server or CUCM ? I didn't restart IMP server today yet.  Just restarted  Cisco sync agent.  

I found this post "

Joseph Thvedt 7 months ago
User Badges:

I've got mine working, thanks to this blog post. The fix was in CUCM -> System -> Presence Redundancy Groups. Select your group. Un-check the "Enable High Availability" checkbox, and save. Re-check that same checkbox, and save again. In a few minutes the server state should go through a couple of different states (I believe "initializing" was one of them), ending up at "Normal." At this point, I could assign users to the server. "   

Do u think uncheck-check that HA on CUCM presence group affect running services/users ? 

yes the jabbers users will get effected for 1-2 minutes but there is no problem for cucm services 

It works. The fix was in CUCM -> System -> Presence Redundancy Groups. Select your group. Un-check the "Enable High Availability" checkbox, and save. Re-check that same checkbox, and save again. In a few minutes the server state should go through a couple of different states (I believe "initializing" was one of them), ending up at "Normal." At this point, I could assign users to the server. And my users could login to jabber. 

Would be interesting to know what/how was the process uncheck -check HA fixed it, and what was the problem .  Those users were in SQL table, I even deleted them and auto-sync with CUCM they came up again on IMP sql table  BUT they were unassigned till HA group reset . 

Good to know your issue got resolved !!!

I think your HA was not working properly and might be the issue with some HA services that's the only reason after check and uncheck its work for you.

Make sure inside the presence redundancy group The IM and Presence Service node is operating normally. In this state, you can manually initiate a failover to this node using the CUCM.