Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber-Take a call from a servicedesk phone

lucah_99
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I'm working in an office where we have a service telephone. That means, that everyone sees when a user calls the servicedesk (On their Cisco or Ascom DECT device). Usually we select a "code" consisting of a star and two digits to redirect a call to a phone (For example: A User calls the servicedesk, I type in the "code" to redirect and after 1-2 seconds my personal phone rings and I can pick up the call (directly on my phone or over the Cisco Jabber software surface on a heasdet). Is it possible to redirect a servicedesk call to my phone only by using the Jabber and not by typing in somthing on my physical phone ?

PS: Cisco Jabber is on version 12.5.0.22884 Build 272884

Thanks for any advice.

Greetings

Luca

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Howdy, Luca.  Would you be willing to share some more details on your call flow?  I'm assuming when the call comes in on the service desk, you are answering the call before transferring is that correct?  Does each person that can answer the service desk phone have their own unique code (i.e. you are *12, I would be *13, etc.)?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Good Morning Mr. Skelly,

yes, exactly. There are two ways that I can answer the the call:

1.) I take it directly with my regular phone (Ascom DECT device). Therefore we (everyone hast the same code) have to type in the code in our phone physically. After that the person who typed in the code first gets the call redirected.

2.) When someone gets the call redireted he gets the call also displayed on his  monitor (if Cisco Jabber is opened and configured in teh right way) and then he can click on accept or decline (like in the picture)