cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber multi-line works for deskphone but not PC

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

I just recently upgraded Jabber to 12.7.1 and installed the 8-line cop file. My CUCM is 11.5.1.13902-2.

When Jabber is in desk phone control mode, I have multiple lines available in Jabber. However, when I am in 'Use my computer' mode, I am not seeing multiple lines, even though I have configured them.

I've seen people reporting that PC mode works while desk phone doesn't, but I have the reverse issue.

Appreciate any ideas. Feel like I'm missing something simple here.

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I have stumbled upon the solution.

I was working on another users Jabber config when I noticed they had multiple lines available, but the config did not look like my screenshot in my initial post where the additional lines were under 'Unassigned Associated Items'. It looked like below.

Capture.JPG

The difference was, my 'Phone Button Template' was on 'Jabber multi-line' (It did that automatically. I did not make that change) and the other user's 'Phone Button Template' was still on 'Standard Client Services Framework'. As soon as I switched my config back to 'Standard Client Services Framework' and restarted my Jabber, I finally had multi-line for both my desk phone and Jabber client.

Capture2.JPG

I wouldn't think the solution would be to not use the 'Jabber multi-line' phone button template, but that is what did the trick.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have you installed COP file on all cluster nodes and restarted Cisco Unified Communications Manager?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I did install the cop on both my publisher and subscriber and restarted the TFTP service for both afterwards. I did not restart CUCM as a whole though.

The fact that it works for my deskphone makes me think the functionality is there. Just not sure why it isn't when using my PC for calls.

Hi,

As per the document below, if you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 11.5 SU3 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 12.0, you must manually install the Cisco Options Package (COP) file on all cluster node and restart Cisco Unified Communications Manager to enable multiline. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber-120/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber-120_chapter_011.html#reference_08DB2E9280C0A8ABF98E1B329604E883 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

So that would be an instance where I am running different versions of CUCM on the cluster? Because I am running 11.5 SU3 on both.

I may try it anyways because I'm stuck at how to solve this right now.

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I have stumbled upon the solution.

I was working on another users Jabber config when I noticed they had multiple lines available, but the config did not look like my screenshot in my initial post where the additional lines were under 'Unassigned Associated Items'. It looked like below.

Capture.JPG

The difference was, my 'Phone Button Template' was on 'Jabber multi-line' (It did that automatically. I did not make that change) and the other user's 'Phone Button Template' was still on 'Standard Client Services Framework'. As soon as I switched my config back to 'Standard Client Services Framework' and restarted my Jabber, I finally had multi-line for both my desk phone and Jabber client.

Capture2.JPG

I wouldn't think the solution would be to not use the 'Jabber multi-line' phone button template, but that is what did the trick.