cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on BE6000S and DNS SRV records

pematthe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if this is jabber specific or BE6000S specific. 

To find jabber services, I am familiar with setting the SRV record in DNS.  As the BE6000 comes (mostly) pre-configured including the IP network, how would I reconsile an external SRV record for the IP and domain used in the BE6000S (ciscolocal.com)

The nice TMEs in the IP telephony BU have created a DNS record for Call Manager - nslookup ucm-pub.ciscolocal.com 172.27.199.11 but there doesn't seem to be a relevant SRV. 

I am using AnyConnect on-demand so currently uses ciscolocal.com to trigger the VPN connection. 

PM.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not exactly sure what your question is here, the Jabber configuration is the same for any 6K, same SRVs, same DNS requirements, same config, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The BE6000S (on the UCS-E blade in a router) is pre-configured with a bunch of stuff.  Domain name, IP address and most of the base interconnect environment.  If you do an NSLOOKUP of ucm-pub.ciscolocal.com or the other servers in the bundle it will resolve to the 172.27.199.11 addresses or similar of the network it is configured with from the factory.

Here's the crunch.  To configure the automatic discovery using DNS SRV, the DNS on the public network need to resolve the services.  It doesn't. 

What do I do? 

I cannot add to the global DNS the SRV info.

I don't own ciscolocal.com

How do I get the automatic service discover to work if I keep the factory domain and IP addressing.  Bear in mind I have a mostly working system based on the stuff that come from manufacturing.  I don't want to rip it apart.

OK, are we talking MRA here???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not sure, I'm not familiar with MRA.  Following the link above, it refers to Expressway.  I haven't investigated fully but I'm not using expressway, I'm using AnyConnect on-demand.

Will check out the document in more detail and follow up if it is, or is not, a solution.

thanks for the guidance.

You may refer to the following link which explains about using Jabber over MRA in a multi-domain environment:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html