cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on iPad

mcronweb
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Jabber 12.9.1.303973 on an iPad running iPadOS 14.0.1 (18A393).  I can place and receive calls as expected.  I am trying to figure out how to stop the iPad from ringing on an incoming call after I close the Jabber app.

Basically, I just want the iPad to ring on a Jabber call when Jabber is running and not ring when I close the app.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

-mcronweb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html

Stopping Push Notifications

If you want to stop Push Notifications from being delivered to your device, log out of the Cisco Jabber or Webex Teams application.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

iOS 14 is still beta version.

Response Signature

Nithin, thank you for your reply.  Is this the expected behavior in a supported configuration?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you signing out? or just closing the app?

You need to sign out of Jabber

And as Nitin mentioned, that combo is not supported right now

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cisco-jabber/id467192391#?platform=ipad

Device and Operating System Requirements:

The latest Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad Release 12.9 is supported on iOS 13 running on an Apple iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus , 8, 8 Plus, X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE and SE2, Apple iPad 5th, 6th and 7th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air2, iPad Air3, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st , 2nd generation and 3rd generation, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5, or Apple iPod touch 6th generation. Cisco Jabber is also supported on watchOS 6 running on an Apple Watch, Watch 2, Watch 3 and Watch 4.

HTH

java

Jaime, thanks for your message In a supported configuration, is signing out of the app the only way to prevent Jabber from ringing when the app is closed?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html

Stopping Push Notifications

If you want to stop Push Notifications from being delivered to your device, log out of the Cisco Jabber or Webex Teams application.

HTH

java

Jaime, thanks for the docs.  I would have thought that I could disable push notifications for Jabber to produce the desired result but I already have notifications disabled so, no joy.  Logging out of the app isn't so bad with TouchID.  Thanks for taking time to help.

RS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: