cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber post 12.1 shared line chat window popup when call placed on hold.

andeporter
Level 1
Level 1

To All,

We recently updated our Jabber to address a critical vulnerability and have been discouraged to have been blessed with a new "feature" from Cisco. We operate ~50 Cisco 8851 phones with 3 lines per phone (2 shared lines for two separate businesses) and 1 personal line (the users extension).

The problem we are seeing is that when an employee picks up a call for one of the shared lines and places it on hold, EVERYONE in the organization gets a chat window popup showing the call placed on hold. It is VERY easy to accidentally click the chat window (which picks up the call) and/or close out the chat window (which hangs up the call).

This did not exist prior to Jabber 12.1 - and I have no idea how Cisco considers this a feature:

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvs84161

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make this stop? We've tried the latest version, turning off every notification or chat window option that is available in Jabber, and the call placed on hold chat window will not stop popping up.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Ap.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you're misreading the information from the bug, a sev6 "bug" is an enhancement request, it's not an announcement for a new feature, those are in the release notes of the product or other documentation that explains new/changed features.

The enhancement request states that currently you see the behavior in which you see the popup when a call is placed on hold, and the enhancement request is to have an option to disable/change the behavior, which based on that information, does not currently exists (thus it being requested).

If you also wish for this enhancement request to be included in the product, reach out to your SE and let him know that you also want to be added to this PER so it can be prioritized accordingly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the clarification Jaime. It seems like this should be a fairly sizable issue and will need correcting ASAP. I will reach out to our SE to get added to the PER.