cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber presence issue

chrisdenney
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue in Jabber where once a user sets their presence status manually it stays that way forever. I can't seem to figure out how to tell them to change their presence back to being managed by the system based on their login or calendar or whatever. Is there a way to set a global timeout for manual presence statuses? Or a way for the end user to tell the client that they want their manual status reverted? I'm just having trouble finding an answer and I'm not even really sure what to google.

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The presence status stays forever if user sets it manually and keeps logged in. This is per Cisco Jabber design. If user logs out and login back then status changes to automatic.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I didn't know this. So if in the morning, I want to set my status manually to Do Not Disturb as I get some work done, but then switch it back to Available, for the rest of the day and potentially for the next several days my status will never change automatically based on my calendar status nor idle time/locked PC status?

A source for that would be fantastic, if you have it.

Hi Anthony,

If you set your Jabber status manually to Do Not Disturb then it will stay forever until and unless you manually change it back to available. Once you change the status back to Available, then your presence status will change automatically based on your calendar status or idle time/locked PC status.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.