cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Softphone Incoming Calls always off screen

SHAWN EFTINK
Level 5
Level 5

I'm using Jabber 9.6.0 build 17088 running on Windows 8.1 via  Dell Venue with dual DP Monitors connected via DP 1.2 off the Venue desk dock.  The challeng that I'm having, from a production standpoint is minor, however from  an annoyance standpoint is starting to drive me nuts.

Everytime I receive an incoming call, the Incoming call popup screen always shows just off the screen next to the systray instead of just above it like I used to see with Windows 7.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?  I can always drag the screen up to see CID, answer, etc. but since I utilize SNR, I rarely have that opportunity if I want to get it before it starts ringing my mobile.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I've attached a screenshot as well.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
3 Replies 3

SHAWN EFTINK
Level 5
Level 5

Just a quick update.  After thinking about it, I undocked the Venue and initiated another call to myself.  The popup screens showed perfectly.  So I'm not sure if this is potentially a bug with Display Port and/or DP 1.2, the Dell Venue Dock or what the issue might be.  But this does seem to rule out the Dell Venue itself and Windows 8.1, potentially.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

I did some additional testing and came to a workaround/solution for anyone else that experiences this.  In my searches, I did find another instances of someone raising the same concern with Windows 7 regarding another application.  Reducing resolution resolved his challenge.  I did play with the resolution on my multi-monitor setup and did get to a point where it would work, though I wasn't ultimately happy.

After further testing, the issue is this.  The Jabber window needs to be on your primary screen.  If it's there, no matter what your resolution settings are, it works perfectly.  I little annoying as I like my Jabber screen to be off on my least used monitor, but it's a manageable solution.  At least I'm back to seeing who's calling me.  smiley

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabber for windows 9.6.x is not tested to work with windows 8.1; here is the list of the OS thats its tested to work over;

Operating Systems
You can install Cisco Jabber for Windows on the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows 8 32 bit
    Microsoft Windows 8 64 bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 32 bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
    Microsoft Windows Vista 32 bit
    Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit
    Microsoft Windows XP 32 bit with Service Pack 3

refer to the following link for more details;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/InstallConfig/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration_chapter_01.html#JABW_TK_E83CC0F0_00

you may want to wait untill the next release jabber for windows 9.7.x is out and check the supportability for windows 8.1