cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber stuck on 'Setting Phone'

Nick_M
Level 1
Level 1

A few of my AD users are having Jabber stuck on 'Setting Phone' after updating to Windows10 v1809.  I'm looking for similarities between the affected users, and differences between those unaffected, and am not finding a lot of similarities:

I can't tell what Jabber is trying to do.  Is this a network connectivity issue? Is this a problem with the software on the computer itself?  What should I be looking for?

Similarities:

- Users can sign in to a different AD computer to use their Jabber fine

- Users are on Win10 laptops

- Connecting via Cisco VPN

- Resetting Jabber doesn't do anything

- Reinstalling the software doesn't do anything

Both working and non-working laptops:

- are on Win10 v1809

- have the same Microsoft hotfixes installed

- Have the same model laptop with wifi adapter with same driver

- Cisco VPN software is same version

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Connection Status of one affected computer:

Softphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: SIP
Address: xxx (CCMCIP) (IPV4)
Device: xxx
Line: xxx
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.

Deskphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: CTI
Address: (CTI) (Unknown)
Device: xxx
Line:xxx
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.

Deskphone Video - Informational
Reason:Medianet is not installed.

Voicemail - Healthy
Address: xxx (IPV4)
Port: 443
Protocol: VMREST (HTTPS)

Presence - Unhealthy
Protocol: XMPP
Port: 5222
Reason:

Outlook address book - Healthy
Protocol: MAPI
Address: Outlook (Unknown)

Directory - Healthy
Protocol: UDS (HTTPS)

5 Replies 5

Nick_M
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention, users are running Cisco Jabber 12.6.0.31246

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3

What do you mean by jabber stuck on setting phone ?

Is jabber successfully registered and then it stuck or when you open setting then it stuck ?...

Have you checked CPU utilisation of computer when it stuck ?

Please test jabber in fresh windows of same version ... I mean no corporate policy activated on that machine...

@Vinod.s What I mean is the user opens the software, signs in, but the bottom of the Jabber window continually shows 'Setting phone...' and the user cannot make or receive phone calls.  The software is not frozen, but cannot be used due to this message.  The message may flicker away at times, but is there most of the time with its spinning 'wait' symbol.

The software was installed on a new computer and is working fine. 

I'd like to be able to fix the computers that have the issue, rather than reimage them.  I just need to know where to look for some indication as to what the software is trying to do.  I found log files in c:\users\[user]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs, but they are not easy to read.  They are updated multiple times per second, making them very dense.

I faced similar issue and this is due to laptop corporate policy ...

Can you ask you desktop team to update group policy and check behaviour.

For deep analysis you need tac engineer support ....

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

I've found with version 12 prior to 12.9 switching between the corporate LAN and VPN DSL the phone service would hang. Telling Jabber to Use My computer seems to kick it awake and then you can go back to Use Device XXXX. Version 12.9.4 seems much more tolerant to the switching.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: