Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UDS COP file

I have CUCM 9.1.2 and JFW 9.7, UDS works fine JFW UDS settings are configured via jabber-config.xml.

Why this file is needed? cmterm-cucm-uds-912-5.cop.sgn

Documentation states is required.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_CN_CCE86AFC_00

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the README

Introduction:
These release notes contain important information about installation procedures for the UDS Collaboration 
Edge Update for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(2). 
Note: Cisco recommends that you review the Important Notes section for information about issues that may 
affect your system before installing the update. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Swathi Alagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

The UDS file is needed if you don't want to hit the following bugs

CSCul15923

The reason I assume your setup is working is because your setup is using IP address only.

chribble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The COP file is required to get the best performance for UDS with Jabber, particularly when a large number of Jabber clients are logging in at the same time.

Your experience without the COP file may vary depending on the way that your Jabber deployment is configured, the average number of contacts that each user has, and other factors, including the exact build of Jabber, but installing the COP file is strongly recommended to prevent issues with extremely high load during Jabber login.

Additionally, the homeCluster FQDN changes (CSCul15900) resolve a very annoying issue with SSL certificate prompts.

There are more details in the release notes for the COP file with regard to the specific performance and compatibility fixes that are included in this COP file: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/cmterm-cucm-uds-912.pdf

Vibha Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are facing issue wrt uds search. JFW is version 9. Could you suggest how did you chnage xml file. I have been referring the dcuments and blogs but unable to do. Once I delete the old file from Jabber related folder and copy the new one. but then I sign in jabber and get my previous file back. New updated file just vanishes from whenre I had copied it to.

Also when we make chnages to notepad file, we save it is all files and ANSI code. If not then can you help me in this regard.

thanks

vibha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: