cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber v9.7.3.18968 Command Line Issues

Ryan Pawlicki
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out why my command line script to install Jabber is not working.

This is the command line we ran to install our Jabber package version 9.0.4

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi TYPE=CUP ADDRESS=[DNS Name of CUP] DOMAIN=[Domain] LANGUAGE=1033 /L* "c:\Logfiles\CiscoJabberSetup.wil" /quiet

When trying to install 9.7.3.18968 I am having no luck using the same command. I tried viewing the install guide on cisco.com but after making changes based on that guide I am still having no luck. This is the command line I am using for the new version.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi AUTHENTICATOR=CUP DOMAIN=[Domain] CUP_ADDRESS=[DNS Name of CUP] LANGUAGE=1033 /L* "c:\Logfiles\CiscoJabberSetup.wil" /quiet

If you could please explain to me what is wrong with either my code or my syntax as well as provide me with a working line for execution it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much. Have a great day.

1 Reply 1

Ryan Pawlicki
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up finding the answer. For anyone who needs it this is the final code that worked.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUP CUP_ADDRESS=[FQDN] TFTP=[FQDN] LANGUAGE=1033 /L* "c:\Logfiles\CiscoJabberSetup.wil" /quiet