Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video for Telepresence login failed-out of license

sathish.kumar11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

I working on jabber video for telepresence , VCSC was controlled by tms . Users are imported from AD. Everything is fine . But When I try to login to jabber video I got error message like Login failed out of license contact IT Support .

VCSC has got enough license installed then why am getting this issue .? Anyone has faced this issue before ..

Thanks ,

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What about TMS??

What licensing do you have there??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I am new to TMS , I installed TMS and TMSPE in Windows 2012 R2 Server . Now What I see is Total system License is 3 and Available system License is 2 . And no option keys available .

Do I need License for Tms, coz TMS is just Controlling VCSC . VCSC has enough license . Then why this issue .

Because for MOVI or Jabber Video, licensing is handled on TMS, for the endpoint as such, and you need to also have the device provisioning license on VCS

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11724871/tms-provisioning-licences

You need to have under licenses (in TMS)

Total provisioning licenses : XX

Available provisioning licenses: YY

Cisco TelePresence VCS requirements

Cisco TelePresence VCS Control must be Version X8.2 or later
  Option keys must be added for Cisco TelePresence VCS Device Provisioning and FindMe, if applicable

Cisco TMS Provisioning Extension Option key

The key must be added in Cisco TMS under Administrative Tools > General Settings, in the Licenses and Option Keys pane
  License consumption is based on usage: the number of concurrent signed-in and provisioned devices. A user signed in to several devices simultaneously will consume one license per device
  Provisioning Extension license is not required to install TMSPE software for purposes of using TMS Smart Scheduler and provisioning CMRs

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-management-suite-tms/data_sheet_c78-707901.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Will I get any Demo license for TMS to test this ?

Hi I am in exactly the same position, I'm trying to setup a Lab fro Jabber Video,

I have installed the TMS server and also managed to get the VCS DEV provision license, all is configured and I have also provisioned a user in TMS but when I go to login via jabber video I get the same error message 'out of licenses'  I contacted licensing today and they have indicated they do not provide trial licences for this.does anyone know if the newer TMS versions allow for device provisioning in trial mode, I'm currently running TMS version 14.1 

Hi Narinder sandhu,

That's exactly License issue, I got license from cisco team after installing license jabber movi (video) can login .

What is the  serial number of tms Is that showing TMS(Trail) ??

Regards,

Prem

Hi Prem, yes serial number is showing trial which is to be expected as I did not install any option keys at install. so you managed to get license from cisco as I emailed licensing today and they indicated I could not obtain one for lab purposes could you give me the PID you requested from cisco?

much obliged :)

HI All, still not had any response in relation to obtaining provisioning license key for a trial environment any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Hello Narinder,

The following link may help you if you're eligible.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/partner-bundle.gsp

Regards,

Dipak Singh