Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber won't connect to voicemail off the corporate network

cnyengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We've got v11 of both CUCM and Unity, as well as version 8.9.2 of expressway-e and c. This has worked in the past and nothing changed to cause it to stop working as far as I know. 

On Jabber mobile, under 'Voicemail', it tells me "Cannot connect to the voicemail server. Verify your account information. If the problem persists, contact your voicemail administrator."

I turned on detailed logging, cleared logs, and then tried to reconnect to try to get a fresh capture of what's going on and then attached the result to this post.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Did you add the Unity Connection at the HTTP server allow list on Expressway C?

Try to refresh your CUC servers at Configuration > Unified Communications > Unity Connection servers

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-9-1.pdf 

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for the help!

The Unity Connection is shown in automatically added rules. If I go to Configuration > Unified Communications > Unity Connection Servers my server shows in there as well but if I click on it, and click 'Save' to test the connection, it tells me "Unable to communicate with servername. UcxnError: 'HTTPError:404'."

When I go to Maintenance > Tools > Network > Ping the Expressway-C can ping both the FQDN and IP of this server.

Any ideas with that?

Hi,

The credential that your are using in Expressway C for CUC is expired?? Please check at the CUC Admin.

cuc.png

Regards
Leonardo Santana

It's set to not expire and that same credential works when I log in to Unity admin directly actually

Hi,

Are you sure that? 

This is the same user configured at Expressway C ->Configuration > Unified Communications > Unity Connection servers?

Inside your network CUC is working normally?

Your are using SIP between CUC and CUCM?

The connection between CUC and Expressway C is using TLS verify mode switched On?

You are able to solve the FQDN of the CUC from Expressway C?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Definitely the same user. I also even created a new local admin user on CUC just to test with and that one gives the same error.

Inside the network CUC works fine.

99% sure I am using SIP between CUC and CUCM but I guess I'm not sure where to check that.

The connection between CUC and Expressway-C, from Expressway-C, did not originally have TLS verify set to On. Doesn't work with it on or off though and gives that same HTTP404 error.

I can ping both the IP and the FQDN of CUC from Expressway-C under Maintenance > Tools > Ping

Hi,

Go to Expressway C ->System -> DNS -> DNS lookup utility
Make a query to the FQDN of your CUC Server

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Yup, it finds the A record and pulls up the correct IP resulting from it.

I just found that under CUC Serviceability that the Connection REST service is activated but stopped. When I click START it tells me that the start was successful but it doesn't actually start it. Related?

Hi,

If i not mistaken CUC connection with Expressway C is based on REST. 

I´ll dig a little bit more about this service.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi,

Try to Deactivate the Connection REST service and then Activate again at CUC Service Management, after the service transit to status Activated go to Expressway C and refresh your CUC server again at Configuration > Unified Communications > Unity Connection servers

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Yeah I saw that it's related to this issue as well. Getting closer, I think!

If I deactivate and then reactivate the service starts and runs for about 12 seconds before shutting down again. I can't get it to stay running.

Hi,

try to stop the service and then start again.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

If I deactivate and reactivate the service runs for ~15 seconds and then crashes, changes to a stopped state, but remains activated. If I click START, CUC tells me that it started successfully but it doesn't actually start.