Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabra headset unable to pickup call from Jabber client

Umme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have Jabber and Lync running within our environment. There no issues making or receiving calls from Jabber on desktop/laptop. However, if I want to pickup call using Jabra headset control button it doesn't work.

Seems the call control buttons on the Jabra headset picks up Lync line which we do not use for our call functionality. We are using only Jabber as our soft phone client.

I have tried several option to disable telephony on Lync completely still somehow when I press the call control button on our Jabra headset it picks up a line from Lync. If I trun of Lync on PC it does not get the line.

Any thoughts or ideas on it ? How can I force my Jabra headset call control buttons to integrate with Jabber only. Tried Jabra PC suit to pick soft phone client instead of MS Lync still no luck.

Thanks

Umme

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You haven't specified which version of Jabber you are using or if it works after you have uninstalled Lync.

While accessory manager is enabled in the current 11.x releases, that wasn't always the case. Try using the current release or toggling accessory manager on in your XML: https://www.jabra.com/~/media/Product%20Documentation/PC%20Suite/Cisco_Jabber_for_Windows_Enable_Accessory_Manager_API.pdf?la=en

If it works with Lync uninstalled then I believe you need to direct your question to Jabra. As I understand the architecture, it's up to Jabra which client it sends the API call to.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. Using latest Jabber 11.1.2. I will try the option that you have mentioned and go back to Jabra if needed.

Thanks

Umme