Views
Helpful
Replies

Let some calls through when busy

atea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

So if your status is busy you won't recieve any calls. My question is if it is possible to make an expetion for certain numbers.

If my boss is in a meeting I recieve his calls but there are some important calls which would be ideal if they would come through to him directly.

Thx in advance

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

With CUCM alone, there is no easy solution. The only option is to route calls based on the calling number. Only specific numbers are routing directly to the boss, all others to the secretary. But this is a static configuration and can only be edited by a CUCM admin and not by the boss or the sec.

There are 3rd party applications, which provide the chef / sek feature with multiple additional capabilities (like VIP lists).

As @b.winter said, there is no simple solution with CUCM alone. Another way to approach this would be using Personal Call Transfer Rules in CUC. For CallForwardBusy going to the user's voicemail box, Personal Call Transfer Rules could be used to identify caller ID and forward those calls back out to a different number - such as a second line on the user's phone.

Maren

Hi

To add a tip to what @Maren Mahoney and @b.winter correctly suggested, this could be also achieved within the CUCM using a call forward to a Translation Pattern matching the desired Calling Number  and translate it to a Second line in a Partition not reachable from other users than the desired Contacts. Other calls would receive a busy tone.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"