cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local webex recording was interrupted, and left a file with extension .webex How can open it?

c.zuso89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I was recording a webex session in my laptop and I ran out of battery so my computer turned off and the recording was interrupted. Now I have a file with .webex extension. I was not succeed in opening it with .WRF or .ARF recorder. Any idea to open this file?? I tried to open it changing it extension but I've got a format error .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The recording was in pause, I suppose nothing to do

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
if the recording was not stopped, what you have is a temporary file container and cannot be used. If you ever seen a file download incomplete, you would see sometimes its <filename>.download. These placeholder files cannot be opened or recovered.

The recording was in pause, I suppose nothing to do

Try this:

I made Webex believe I just registered the file to convert.

I made a new one minute recording, gave it a very simple name: "1" and had it saved in the same place where there was the file to convert (when Webex asks where to save the file)..
Without closing webex, I deleted the registration I just made. I renamed the file to convert: "1".
I closed Webex and the conversion started.
Of course the conversion is not immediate, it depends on the length of the file.

Paola

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: