Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media services interface uses port 8000

Dear forum members,

in the last week, we enrolled the new Jabber for Windows 9.7.2. Along with that, we enrolled the Media services interface.

Today, a colleague of mine (one of our software developers) opened a support ticket. He told me, that the MSI uses port 8000.

This leads to an error when he is starting his dev environment (in this case, his Confluence installation, an enterprise wiki).

So he asked me, if we could change the MSI port to something else (like 7000 or 9000).

I did a quick search but have found nothing that suggests that this is possible.

Did I miss something? Is there any way to change the ports used by MSI?

I would really appreciate any suggestions. :)

Best regards,
René

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think we have this problem also. Is there any way to move this off port 8000.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkolinko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have this problem also.
I'm a Cisco employee, and after updating Jabber, it also installed Cisco Media Services Interface which was a silent install, version 4.1.2.8049, on 04/09/2015.
The problem is that Cisco Media Services uses port 8000 in LISTENER mode, and this crashes all  Flexnet licenses on my computer, since the soft licenses also use port 8000.
The Flexnet / Keysight licenses are soft licenses, so they use localhost:8000 for license services.

I think we have this problem also. Is there any way to move this off port 8000.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: