Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place and Webex Call Back Failing

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Meeting place 8.5 with WebEx scheduling, SIP trunk to CUCM 8.5.

Calling in using the specified number configured in call manager completes over the SIP trunk however call back from webex fails.

Error:

WebEx call back failed; no answer.

Problem is I never recieve a call. I have enabled Webex call backs in webex.

Seems like there is an issue on either MP or CUCM.

Just looking for some ideas as I am stumped.

8 Replies 8

Jacob Killoy
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is usually because WebEx uses the E.164 dialing scheme and most CUCM clusters aren't configured to handle this number format.

As a quick test, do the following:

Set significant digits to 10 in the sip trunk from MeetingPlace to CUCM. You will also want to configure “91” as prefix assuming that you use 9 to reach an outside number.

This turned out to be a few things:

1) I needed to configure a SIP proxy to CUCM from meeting place. This was the CUCM IP address and TCP port number.

2) The SIP trunk security profile needed to be reconfigured for this trunk.

3) E164 was being used so I created a translation pattern to strip the + for the CSS associated with the RP.

A few things learned along the way.

1) The "activity" command ran from a SSH prompt with allow you to simulate a call from meeting place. Option 4, enter the number to dial and "f" for port.

2) In meeting place - Services -Logs - System Information Capture - Loading the index file and under the  CCA SIP LOG is the error being returned by CUCM. In my case it was Warning: 399 CSLCCM1 "Unable to find a device handler for the request received on port

3) Command "cptrace" again from the SSH prompt will allow you to view the digits being sent from webex to meeting place.

I hope this information helps someone...

Thank you for posting your findings.  While I knew about the +E.164 string sent by WebEx and we have \+ patterns to accomodate, the troubleshooting information you provided is excellent.  Thank you!

hi i'm the same case for you . place can do you say the configuration to skip the + on route partten

Creat Partition.

Create Calling Search Space.

Add Partition.

Create Translation pattern to strip pre-dot.

\+1.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

I then created two route patterns in the parttion, one for 11 digits and one for 10 and place them in my MP Route List.

9\+.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

9\+1.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

thanks you

and the sip trunk on secction inbound call, i setting

Prefix DN "9"  i need change it?

Well i left mine which, looking at it now, is kind of redundant. Anyways for now I have Significant digits all and prefix DN 9. I am also using CSS_E164_Strip and PT_E164_Strip for partitions and CSS on the sip trunk.

Screen shot of my sip trunk:

I was resolved the problem fllowing your indications,  i created one partition, ccs, and route pattern include \+ to match the incoming digit form the Meeting Place.

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: