Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New install of Jabber client fails to start, saying driver needs to be upgraded

I'm on Win7, 64-bit.

I just installed the latest Jabber client. It appears to be a 32-bit version. After the installation completed, I'm unable to tell what version of it is installed.

When I start JabberVideo.exe, after quite a while (30-60 seconds), a dialog finally comes up saying just this:

"New features in this version of Jabber Video are not supported by your computer's graphics driver.

Update to the newest graphics driver available and run Jabber Video again."

The problem with this is that I HAVE updated to the latest version.  The display adapter on this HP EliteBook laptop is a "AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series" (from the info in the Device Manager dialog).  After I saw this dialog the first time, we went to the AMD site and installed the latest version, which is dated 9/15/2014 (version 14.301.1001.0).  We ran Jabber again and got this dialog again.  We've already tried rebooting.  No difference.

As i said earlier, I'm not sure what version of the Jabber Video client is installed. I can't get to any "Help"->"About" menu, if it exists, because I only get that error dialog when I run the client. I looked in the filesystem, and there isn't any kind of "readme" file available. However, when I look at the detailed properties for the exe file, it appears to say that it is version 4.5, build 16762.

4 Replies 4

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Download an updated Jabber client from Cisco and uninstall the current one. Complete the installation again and see if that helps. Download can be found here

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284324806&flowid=&softwareid=284006014&release=10.5%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Ok. My Cisco account isn't associated with a support contract, so I'll have to wait until my local desktop support tech contacts me to fix this. I'll point him to this response if he doesn't already know to do this.

https://www.ciscojabbervideo.com/home;jsessionid=300577D88ABABDB2AD8B7C2D57E553A9

This link you gave me appears to be for "Jabber UC", the messaging client, not the "Jabber Video" client.