Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio Jabber for Windows

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am using Jabber Cleint version 9.0.2 build 9453 which registered to our CUCM 8.0.3.2000-2 cluster. I can make and recieve calles fine when connected from the LAN but when I'm VPN connected using Cisco Anyconnect client have the following issue. When a outside party "PSTN" calls me, my jabber client will ring, and when i answer it I can hear them but they can't hear me. If I make an outbound call to the same party from the client through the same gateway I get audio in both directions.

it really sounds like a routing / firewall problem. As a test i tried the same scenario with IP Comunicator and do not experience the issue. So either the client is using different ports then IP communicator or the client is somehow changing the audo preferences on incoming calls so my mic doesn't work.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do a packet capture on the asa to see if you see the traffic entering and/or leaving the asa and if ip/port combinations stay the same. That would be my next guess. (NAT/Fixups, etc)

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ryan,

it more sounds like a routing issue.

when you connect to VPN try to ping your client ip-address from the PSTN gateway router. If it pings properly then it will be mostly a firewall port block.

if you can;t ping it then you need to fix some routing in the network

Thanks

Alok