cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD and CUCM UFF

NikolaiMomolay
Level 1
Level 1

During network migration of CUCM cluster, after "forced paused" step, I have optional "Shutdown CUCM Publisher" step (source Publisher). I am planning NOT to use that step in actual migration since we can't afford to shutdown source Publisher.

In the lab, I let that step went over and saw "Updating User Facing Features" message on PCD interface. What is PCD doing with UFF stuffs? If I cancel the migration task after "forced pause" step, what I will be missing? Is it ok to skip that step? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have done multiple migrations using Cisco PCD and I never interrupted PCD migration process in between. The user-facing features (UFF) are any features that are enabled or disabled by pressing buttons on the phone and include the following:

• Call Forward All (CFA)

• Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)

• Privacy Enable/Disable

• Do Not Disturb (DND) Enable/Disable

• Cisco Extension Mobility Login

• Hunt-Group Logout

• Device Mobility

During upgrade/migration, PCD is migrating all those features to new version. As I have never tested/verified, it my assumption that, If you interrupt the process, the users may not see their UFF features in new version.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have done multiple migrations using Cisco PCD and I never interrupted PCD migration process in between. The user-facing features (UFF) are any features that are enabled or disabled by pressing buttons on the phone and include the following:

• Call Forward All (CFA)

• Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)

• Privacy Enable/Disable

• Do Not Disturb (DND) Enable/Disable

• Cisco Extension Mobility Login

• Hunt-Group Logout

• Device Mobility

During upgrade/migration, PCD is migrating all those features to new version. As I have never tested/verified, it my assumption that, If you interrupt the process, the users may not see their UFF features in new version.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks Vaijanath for reply. During a test in the the lab, I can remove optional shutdown step for Subs but shutdown step for Pub can't be removed although it said optional.

For us, we can't afford to shutdown Pub since other integration activities planned while users kept using existing cluster. PCD said it is optional and we can live without UFF features you listed. We got to try it to see what happen. :)

Thanks again for your reply.