cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistant chat enabled - clients unable to view room listing

4thgenceli
Level 1
Level 1

Recently enabled & deployed persistent chat rooms. Using Cisco IM&P 11.5 (11.5.1.11900-21) in a dual-server cluster. 

Users on IMP1 (Publisher)  are able to see chat rooms, join and use. Users on IMP2 (Subscriber) are unable to view chat room listings. They all receive 'Failed to retrieve rooms'.  I can't seem to find a reason why. 

Could someone direct me to the logs I should look at to troubleshoot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's happy again. Strange thing it was just on 1 of the cluster hosts (subscriber).  The external database is a SQL2012 build. A restart of the XCP router resolved the problems.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

What type of external database do you have and, what's the status of the external databases? Can you provide screenshots?

It's happy again. Strange thing it was just on 1 of the cluster hosts (subscriber).  The external database is a SQL2012 build. A restart of the XCP router resolved the problems.

Glad to hear that. I was going to 'potentially' recommend this course of action based on your feedback. Who knows, perhaps the XCP Text Conference Manager service wasn't STARTED. This service manages Persistent Chat. If the service was up and running, one option would be to simply restart the XCP Text Conference Manager service. Restarting this service only impacts Persistent Chat whereas restarting XCP Router causes all of the XCP related services to restart. Users would be disconnected from Jabber. I wouldn't recommend this course of action unless there's no or minimum impact to users. Of course, one good thing about restarting XCP Router service is... the system automatically restarts the XCP services within a particular order defined by the developers to ensure operational readiness.