Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent Chat/MUCs with Jabber 9.7 on CUCM9.1/CUPS9.1

famcbwolfe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm testing Jabber 9.7 internally on a CUCM9.1/CUPS9.1 deployment, in hopes of using persistent chat rooms.

Currently, I have working MUC rooms with 3rd party chat clients, but I think there's a configuration option missing from CUCM or CUPS that's preventing me from using them in Jabber for Windows. From Pidgin, I'm able to join a MUC, and invite another user to that persistent MUC -- however, if a Jabber user tries to invite another Jabber user to that MUC, the invited user will recieve a message: "You have been invited to a chat room. However, Cisco Jabber is not configured for chat room services. Contact your administrator". I can't find it in the documentation anywhere, but I have a feeling if I were running CUCM10/CUPS10, I'd have an option (probably on the CSF) to enable said "Chat Room Services".

Can anyone out there confirm or deny this? If you have a CUCM10 deployment, and it does have this option, can you let me know what actually gets added to the jabberconfig xml file?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi famcbwolfe,

I have the same issue, on the same CUCM and CUPS versions.

Was you able to get any further? I too fear that we will need to migration 10.5.

Thanks in advance,

Ed