Persistent Group Chat Room and Postgresql db cluster

In CUP 10.0 is this supported?
Im trying to setup a Postgresql for HA.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/creating-cluster.html

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For persistent chat seperately this is what seems documented for postgres ( ExternalDB);

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-guide-imp-100/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-solutions-imp-100_chapter_01011.html#CUCM_TK_C3C5B496_00

Step1 is the important portion to take a note of :

• To use persistent chat rooms, you must configure a unique external database instance for each node.

• If you use an external database for persistent chat logging, consider the size of your database. Archiving all the messages in a chat room is optional, and will increase traffic on the node and consume space on the external database disk. In large deployments, disk space could be quickly consumed. Ensure that your database is large enough to handle the volume of information.
  •  Archiving all room joins and leaves is optional, because it increases traffic and consumes space on the external server.
  • Before you configure the number of connections to the external database, consider the number of IMs you are writing and the overall volume of traffic that results. The number of connections that you configure will allow the system to scale. While the default settings on the UI suit most installations, you may want to adapt the parameters for your specific deployment.
  • The heartbeat interval is typically used to keep connections open through firewalls. Do not set the Database Connection Heartbeat Interval value to zero without contacting Cisco support.
  • You must have an external database assigned for each node.

Please rate this helps.

Hi Amit,

Thanks, good information, I understand the requirements my question is: what is Cisco recommendation for PostgreSQL HA enviroment. What's Cisco suggestion to avoid DB failures and have DB redudancy.

I understand there are many ways to preserve PostgreSQL DB information, but interested is what Cisco tests and supports.

Thanks Amit