Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone/user line presence status on Jabber

Sinisa Hreljac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure CUCM & Presence for showing presence status of phone/user line on Jabber client for Windows.

I have phone 8845 and Jabber client for Windows using same line (my line) so I can answer/call via phone or Jabber. On my phone there are some BLFs so I can see phone line/presence status of some co-workers (I can see if they are available, in call or unavailable if logged out from phone), and this function is built in CUCM; no Presence is required.

However, I want same functionality in Jabber (so I can eliminate my phone). How to configure this? All co-workers in my Jabber are in unavailable status. (they don't have Jabber...only physical phone). Using Jabber for them is not an option.

Thanks,

S.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the expected behavior if you have a user who doesn't have Jabber, but only a phone, and all the user/device/line associations are in place.

They'll have only two status in Jabber, offline, or in a call as soon as they pickup the handset, that's all you'd get from Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

but I don't have in a call status in Jabber when user on remote phone is on call. User/line in my Jabber always shows as offline. I don't know how to get in a call status. I have associated phone device with a user (i think this is not nessesery when using extension mobility, but I did that anyway). I have associated DN on UDP with user, put same presence group for all, configured subscribe css, put end user role on user...I don't know what else should I do...

Make sure the SIP trunk CSS is properly configured, and as I mentioned, that all the user/device/line/UDP associations are all properly configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

SIP CSS should be OK.

I attached screenshoots of my configuration in word document. Can you please look at it?

Thanks.