Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence for users in search field

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I search for a user in our directory (UDS), that I don't have in my buddy list or is a Recent contact, I can't see presence for the user. This could be useable as I don't want to add all users to my buddy list to see presence. Is this the same on your setup? or do I need to configure something?

System:

CUCM: System version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Presence Server: 8.6.2.10000-44

J4W: 9.1

Directory lookup: UDS (I'm using UDS as we don't have the LDAP photo attribute configured).

AD: Windows 2008 R2

Thanks

Kristian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kristian,

One I can think of is if you have "ad-hoc presence subscription" enabled under Presence -> Settings.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kristian,

This sounds like a configuration issue on presence server side. Please open a TAC case. Jabber team will investigate if all is fine on server side.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

I changed the directory to use EDI, but it's the same thing. However the sarch seems to be more stable and faster.

Do you have any idea wich conf. on CUP server we should look at?

Thanks

Kristian

Hi Kristian,

One I can think of is if you have "ad-hoc presence subscription" enabled under Presence -> Settings.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Wow thanks alot Maqsood, that did the trick. However I can't find any documentation about the

"ad-hoc presence subscription" setting. Will it cause more load on our CUP server when it's not enabled?

Now we can search and see precense and also search on initials. Jabber is getting better and better

It is documented in CUP admin guide: I don't know how this setting can affect CUP performance, but it is turned on in a typical deployment. So I think you will be ok.

Configuring the Temporary Presence Subscription Settings

Thanks,

Maqsood

Ok so it's turned on in a typical deployment? So it should work even if the setting is enabled? maybe I just have to set the "Maximum number of ad-hoc subscriptions" to a vlaue of 0.

But yes it's documented in the CUP deployment guide, but it says nothing about what is the advantage of the setting. Does in generates less load on CUP server or not. I was just wondering. But for now I will keep it disabled.

(asking other J4W users in this community) do you have enabled or disabled the "Enable ad-hoc presence subscriptions"`?

Thanks

Kristian