cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Jabber for Windows/MAC CAPF Enrollment Process

Matthew S
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I've started to roll out Jabber for Windows/MAC to replace the IP Communicator and was wondering if anyone's personal experience or maybe I'm just missing a recommendation by Cisco as the preferred CAPF Enrollment process to use. 

I've used by null string and by authentication string and I find that some times using Null String everything works and some times the softphone cannot complete registration due to security issues. The authentication string works every time but it requires user input, so through the larger roll out we're bound to get users who don't get the proper communications. 

The preferred way would be seamless to users but through my testing there's a chance to for CAPF to not complete before it fails. If anyone has any thoughts or maybe I'm just missing something with the process that would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Matt

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no functional difference between those two methods, they both will achieve the same result, are you giving enough time for the endpoints to generate their keys and are you seeing it as successful in CUCM?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I think the problem that I found was was just an order issue where the Jabber would be logged in and failing before initiating the Install/Upgrade CAPF. Once signed out and the configuration for Device Security/Install/Upgraded is saved and applied to the device page it works on next log in.