Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove background image on 8800 Expansion module

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to use background image only on 88xx phone but don't want on expansion module. Is that possible?

When I connected expansion module, background image came in expansion module as well and image covers all my speed dials and not visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 Replies 6

Remove the background image from below  TFTP folders and restart TFTP service. 

• Cisco IP Phone 8865 Key Expansion Module with a dual LCD screen—Desktops/320x480x24

• Cisco IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion Module with a single LCD screen—Desktops/272x480x24

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

I uploaded image only on Desktops/800x480x24 to display on my 8851 and 8865 phones. I don't see /Desktops/320x480x24 or Desktops/272x480x24 folder inside TFTP File Management of 12.5 cucm version. 

What option you use for background, Common phone profile or list option ?

Irrespective of the method, to show the background  image on KEM  we  need the files on below folder. 

• Cisco IP Phone 8865 Key Expansion Module with a dual LCD screen—Desktops/320x480x24

• Cisco IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion Module with a single LCD screen—Desktops/272x480x24

When searching  TFTP folder use below option. 

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 7.41.13 PM.png

Response Signature

I used Common Phone Profile.

I never uploaded any image on this folder (Desktop/272x480x24) and could not found that folder inside the TFTP.  But when I hookup expansion module for 8865, two background image appears in two side of expansion module. I really like to remove this  image from expansion module and would like to keep only on phone.

I am out of office, so not possible to test this.

since you opted “enable end user option” on common profile, you should have option to change the KEM  image to default background.

Also refer below guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/white-paper-c11-740036.pdf

Response Signature

Hi @cdevkota-sc,

Were you ever able to get this working? I am running into same issue.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.