Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restrict a group of users from presence of others and directory search

hi,

my 12.5 system has ldap  integrated (wth cucm) jabber users ..all working fine. we just added bunch of local users (not in AD) to cucm and enabled jabber for them.

is there a way to restrict these local users seeing other people's presence (limit presence to themselves only)? also if they do a search on jabber, the diretory should not list the other users.

please let me know if this is possible or not.

thank you.

vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Out of the box, no, you're looking for 3rd party apps that provide compliance/ethical wall functionality.

The directory options for Jabber are either a directory source, in which you can specify which OUs/CNs they can search, but in your case as they're local users, you'd need to use UDS, and UDS is a flat directory, anyone showing under users in CUCM would be available for search.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Out of the box, no, you're looking for 3rd party apps that provide compliance/ethical wall functionality.

The directory options for Jabber are either a directory source, in which you can specify which OUs/CNs they can search, but in your case as they're local users, you'd need to use UDS, and UDS is a flat directory, anyone showing under users in CUCM would be available for search.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes also with directory, i can either enable it or disable (uncheck uds/ad under service profile). when i disable, jabber users wont be able to search anything.  if they want to chat with someone then they will have to add them to the contacts manually with chat alias specified to initiate a conversation.

thanks Jaime.

Since you figured out how to disable the directory search, I'll let you know that you can control the presence visibility by using a SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space https://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=2471644&seqNum=5.