cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Captures..

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client using the latest version of Jabber with the latest release of CUPS and they are trying to use the screeen capture feature.  They get an error every time that says the Screen capture could not be delivered.  I can find almost no information on this feature at all.  Has anyone had similar issues and if so how did you fix them?

Thank You,

Justin

17 Replies 17

Victor Circelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Justin,

Please let me know if/when you solve this.

I'm having the same problem and also problem with file transfer.

Victor.

Hi,

Could there be a group policy in your setup which is  responsible for firewall settings on the clients causing the  problem?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

In my case, it was working and stopped from a day to another.

I don't believe that this was caused by any firewall or policy.

Hi,

I suggest to raise a TAC case for further assistamce.

Thanks,

Maqsood

mulkeyinc
Level 1
Level 1

I am having similar issues. With some users it works just fine sending/receiving. Other users can receive a screen capture but can't send one. Please post a solution if found. Thanks!

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I have not confirmed that this is my problem yet but make sure nothing is blobking port 1080 on your endpoints or networks.  I'll update when I know if this is my issue for sure.

My problem is one particular user can't send so I don't think it's a port block issue. Receving for this user works fine and send/receive for other users does as well.

Anthony Neace
Level 1
Level 1

I was having a similar issue I restarted the xcp router service which will disconnect all of your users .. This corrected our issue I will continue to monitor and post anything else I cam find we are in the process of deploying enterprise wide to 2500 users..

mark fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

We are still experiencing this issue.  Has anyone found a cause?

Jim Cook
Level 1
Level 1

We are also having this issue. Has anyone found a solution?

Jim,

Not sure if you're using Actiance for compliance, but we are. We are supposed to be getting a patch from Actiance to fix this.  I guess something about how they handle the screen capture chat message sequencing was causing the issue.

Cisco development said:

"We have looked at the log files and identified the problem with the message sequencing.

The sequence for the image transfer captured in the logs consists of 1 initial "message" stanza and 2 "iq" stanzas.

The initial "message" is sent to the Actiance compliance server and a "HANDLE" reply is received.

The "iq" stanzas are processed when the reply is received by the CUP server (they don't go to the Actiance server).

A new message is received from the Actiance server (which is a copy of the initial message) which then CUP server routes to the client.  Due to this flow the initial message is received after the 2 "iq" stanzas.  

Where we are now:

Actiance development said:  "Engineering is in the process of testing a new jar file that will send PASS response for screen capture transfer in CUPS instead of HANDLE response. "

Hope that helps.  I will update this if it works.

Unfortunately we don't use Actiance. Thank you very much though.

Same issue. If someone has already involved TAC is there a solution ?

JC

Check the following registry path and ensure its pointing to %USERPROFILE%\Pictures.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

This fixed our situation where screenshots on the clipboard would immedielty be transformed into a black X. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: