cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SETTING UP CISCO CMS AND CISCO CMM 2.5.1 TLS CERTS

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am running the x-series CMS 2.5.1 with CMM 2.5.1 got it almost completely setup but the TLS certs side is driving me nuts.

I am a rock and still haven't figured it out.

Does anyone have a basic simple live example with screen shots of getting the TLS side configured from creating a CSR getting the CA and copy past process client and server side?  

Dang this is frustrating ..

Any help out there is appreciated.   The CISCO documentation is to general for a rock like myself. :)

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean on CMM, watch here, I assume all the CMS config is already done: https://vimeo.com/311471678

For CMS, there's a whole doc dedicated to the certificates.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have the same questions about how to create a cert for CMM, but can't reach your video on that link. What happened to your YouTube videos?

If you have another link please share.

In another side question related to CMM, is there any way to graciously shutdown this server? There's only a Restart option. Documentation for this product really sucks.

Thanks

You need to use CMS or openssl to generate the CSR, then have it signed. 

Then stack them, beginning with the server certificate, once they're stacked, upload the stacked certificate to CMM.

YT disabled my channel back in November without any explanation.

CMM has vmware tools, you can shutdown the server directly from ESXi.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime!

Created the csr in CMS then a bundle file with the cert and root and all ok in CMM.

Any chance we could get your videos back? I had them bookmarked and used to refer back to them every often.

Thanks again

OJ