I use cucm 188.8.131.5200-2 with LDAP Sync/Auth And Presence 184.108.40.20600-44
I`m playing with Jabber and have some issues:
1. The displayname (in the Top of Jabber) is not showing the name correctly, it shows firstname.lastname@example.org instead "First, Lastname"
2. I can search for User in Jabber but if I add them they appear for a millisecond in the user list but then disappear again
3. I cannot chat with a online member because they show each other as offline but i know both are online
I`m right that i do not need an jabber-config.xml if i use EDI (for EDI i have nothing to configure, right?)
In the Presence Troubleshooter are no issues.
In theory you shouldn't, but in my lab where my machines are already part of a domain I faced similar issues, I checked that they were registered in my domain, I could only log with domain users, DNS, etc but I also couldn't get name resolution nor add users if not using their full email@example.com format. For some reason some of the searches would return the CUCM / Users and devices and not LDAP users.
I could chat with my other test user and get his status correctly.
I had to configure the ldap server, and user search base in the .xml file for this to work.
Not sure if this problem was related to either an LDAP/DC/GC config missing or maybe a DNS SRV entry missing.
if this helps, please rate