cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some users can not see each other

hwarren02
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently rolled out Jabber to all computers in our company all running windows 7. A group of employees withing close proximity is reporting (and we verified) that some people do not see others as online when they are.

Example: Employee A is online and does not see Employee B as online, however Employee B does see A. Employee B can send an IM to to Employee A after which Employee A is able to respond but can never initiate with Employee B. 

There are at least few users in this situation, and here is the kicker. I myself can see both Employee A and B as online and IM with them.

I have tried updating both A and B to the latest Jabber client, checked firewall/network settings, account settings, reset jabber clients, etc etc to no avail.

Any thoughts?

18 Replies 18

Using the Presence Viewer, I can take an example of one user who does not see another as online...who is currently online. In the presence view it shows this particular contact with a gray indicator with a question mark inside it.

Version info: System version: 9.1.1.30000-3

Here is a snip of the Presence Viewer viewing from the perspective of one user and I tagged at least one contact that shows offline. I know for certain that contact is online and I can see him as online in my normal jabber client.

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find solution to this issue?

Mats Andersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you manage to solve this? 

I am setting with this problem right now