Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

testing Jabber-config.xml

Hello,

I saw a post for testing a new jabber-config.xml  (https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/testing-new-jabber-config-xml/m-p/3802054)

unfortunately, it doesn't tell if this is possible on an android BOT device.

My org uses all SEP deskphones and Jabber was recently integrated into the system. I believe if I upload a jabber-config.xml it will apply all users when they connect to jabber so I'm testing by applying a jabber-config-test.xml to specific BOT devices.

I'd like to verify if the jabber-config-test.xml I've created is actually being applied.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Re: testing Jabber-config.xml

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Java

Sorry but no - these are completely different questions, I thank you for your assistance but maybe I should have given more information.

I've already setup the config - but it doesn't look like it's done anything for the phone device. Services are the exact same and I can't see the option to create/join chat rooms which is my goal.

I need to verify it's being pushed to the phone - I know you can verify that on the desktop app as I've already done my research but I could find nothing indicating if this was possible with the app on a smartphone..

Thank you!
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Generate and review a PRT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate