Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing new jabber-config.xml

paultrenter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'd like to make changes to the jabber-config.xml to test different feature.  Hunt Groups/Persistent Chat/Disable video on Start up etc.  I'd like to run the test on a small handful of devices before applying the change to the main config file.

I understand I can upload the different files to TFTP servers and then point the test devices to use them via the CiscoSupport Field box.

My questions are:

1. I is possible to see which .xml file my device has picked up and is using? Just in case the changes I expect to see do not work as planned.  I know windows used to cache a copy locally but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. 

2. Is it possible to find which TFTP server(I have 2) it picked the file up from?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin Li
Level 4
Level 4

You can press Cntrl + Shift + D for Jabber on Windows or Command + Shift + D for Jabber on Mac. If you scroll down a bit you'll see the Jabber Configuration File it picked up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kevin Li
Level 4
Level 4

You can press Cntrl + Shift + D for Jabber on Windows or Command + Shift + D for Jabber on Mac. If you scroll down a bit you'll see the Jabber Configuration File it picked up.

Thank you so much Kevin, that's perfect.