Views
Helpful
Replies

testing Jabber-config.xml

jpremonics
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I saw a post for testing a new jabber-config.xml  (https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/testing-new-jabber-config-xml/m-p/3802054)

unfortunately, it doesn't tell if this is possible on an android BOT device.

My org uses all SEP deskphones and Jabber was recently integrated into the system. I believe if I upload a jabber-config.xml it will apply all users when they connect to jabber so I'm testing by applying a jabber-config-test.xml to specific BOT devices.

I'd like to verify if the jabber-config-test.xml I've created is actually being applied.

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Java

Sorry but no - these are completely different questions, I thank you for your assistance but maybe I should have given more information.

I've already setup the config - but it doesn't look like it's done anything for the phone device. Services are the exact same and I can't see the option to create/join chat rooms which is my goal.

I need to verify it's being pushed to the phone - I know you can verify that on the desktop app as I've already done my research but I could find nothing indicating if this was possible with the app on a smartphone..

Thank you!

Generate and review a PRT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

So I created a PRT from a BOT device to test - looking through the log I can see a jabber-config-defaults.xml being applied but not the jabber-config-test.xml I'm applying in the CSF under the BOT device profile.

Is there a way to troubleshoot why it would apply a different config.xml? Or troubleshoot that I setup the jabber-config-test.xml properly?

Thank you!

It's set in the Cisco Support Field on the device. Unless it's fixed in 12+ it will not follow the common phone profile. You'll have to specify it, and any extra leading slashes and that will break it.

ConfigurationFile="jabber-config-test.xml" should work just fine. You will probably need to reset the device to get the pChat config unless it eventually figures out it needs to update.

If you booger the config at all, it will tell you that it loaded it if you look in the logging but it will not apply it due to parse errors.

That is extremely helpful, thank you.

I have an additional followup question if possible.

If I confirm that my jabber-config-test.xml is working and does what's intended, when I'm ready to apply it to everyone I can upload it as jabber-config.xml and when a client connects it will pull that by default?

Or will I need to create a separate CSF device profile to apply the jabber-config.xml?

Thank you!

I haven't played with the 12.5 configuration system yet if that's what you're referring to. Otherwise, you can replace jabber-config.xml with the one you're using, and the clients will grab that eventually. Next full sign in or it eventually says it needs an update.

Keep in mind I guess that depending on how you've configured your system, whatever is in jabber-config.xml applies to any client, not just ones configured in the UCM. Someone can grab the app from the store and sign in and get whatever is enabled there - broken as it may be.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: