Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off open Chat in Separate Window

We have Jabber 12.9 on Windows 10.  My old build would launch  Jabber (same version) in one window, with Contacts, Chats, Rooms, etc in one column to the far left.  Next to that was the list of users I chat with, as well as members of my custom groups. To the right of that was the chat window.  I would double-click a user and the chat box to the right would open.  All was self contained in ONE scalable window. 

We very recently upgraded all of our machines to Windows 20H2.  

Now, when I launch Jabber and double-click on a user, it opens up the chat window in a completely separate window.  I would love to figure out how to turn this OFF, as one extra window on my screen really gets in the way.  If I have chats going with several users, I get that many separate chat windows that open.  

I have searched all over but can't find out how to turn these windows off.  I've been through Options, Settings, etc etc etc and can't figure out how to turn off Chats opening in a separate window.  

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

No a direct answer on your question as such, but why do you double click on the contact? If you single click on the contact it should bring up the chat as you described your wanted behavior. Worth knowing this is the same behavior can be seen in the new Webex client if you have made the switch to use that instead of Jabber.

Response Signature