Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection CallManager-trust certificate delete,services restart

BenBen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have expired CallManager-trust certificates in Unity Connection 12.5 that I would like to delete.

Anybody know what services need to be restarted when deleting "CallManager-trust" certificates?

I tried hard to find such information, but there seems none.

Thanks.

Ben

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

No service needs to be restartet

Thank you b.winter!!

I read somewhere that CallManager-trust is actually not used for Unity Connection. It is carried over to Unity Connection when in the old days, Unity Connection and CUCM shares the same installation ISO/CD.

I also read somewhere that "CallManager-trust" actually is used for Next-Gen SIP secure call feature. Also, it seems when doing CUCM and Unity Connection SIP integration, CUCM's CallManager certs actually are imported to Unity Connection when "resetting the Unity Connection Port Group". This makes me think, we actually need to restart certain services. I just cannot find any documentation to be sure.

Thanks again!!

The callmanager-cert is stored in the callmanager-trust in CUC once, as soon as you add the CUCM as TFTP server
"2. CUC server downloads the Certificate Trust List (CTL) file from TFTP server (one time process), extracts the CallManager.pem certificate and stores it."

Example: This is needed (among other steps), if you set up a secure connection between CUCM and CUC.

So callmanager-trust in CUC is used.

Thank you b.winter again! Apologize for the late reply to your msg.

I think it is certain that callmanager-trust in CUC is used. It brings back to my original question, do we need to restart any services when deleting expired "CallManager-trust" certificates, or "import" new "CallManager-trust" certificates from TFTP server?

Thanks.