Views
Helpful
Replies

Video calls stopped working on Jabber for smartphone

eng.sultan.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Suddenly, The users in my company cannot use video call in jabber (for smartphone only). It was working before (using both internal network and MRA).

When we are using the company network the camera works but the call parties can't see each other (Black Screen). And when using MRA feature the camera button become gray and can't enable it.

I think this issue occur after we update the client to the latest version but I can't make sure because I'm not able to downgrade the version to test.

System Info:

CUCM version: 10.5.2.10000-5

CUP version: 10.5.2.20000-1

ExpressWay version: 8.7

Jabber version: 11.7.0.242733

Please help. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have resolved this issue.  I have found in the Jabber iPhone user settings, under call option > Call capability over cellular network has 3 options.  

1. Use Audio only
  2. Use Audio and Video
  3. Disable Call Function

Option 1 is selected by default, i selected option 2 and my Video was then presented.  This is probably configurable in the jabber-config file for all users.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so if you can internally from jabber mobile to another client , if you receiving blank screen then please check if jabber and cucm logs if you are advertising video capabilities in SDP message and what are you getting in response. also please check the video capabilities option on phone page on cucm.

Thank you for your reply.

Calls between phones (9971 to 9951) are working fine (audio and video)

When Jabber for iPhone calls 9971 phone, no video.

So for sure the capabilities are added.

We faced this issue after upgrading Jabber for iPhone to the latest version 11.7.1

I tested the calls using an android mobile with the latest version of jabber and faced the same issue. then I downgraded jabber to v10.6 and the video call worked fine.

So the issue is caused by jabber version 11.X

We don't have smartnet in our organization, so how to send this bug to development team to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have resolved this issue.  I have found in the Jabber iPhone user settings, under call option > Call capability over cellular network has 3 options.  

1. Use Audio only
  2. Use Audio and Video
  3. Disable Call Function

Option 1 is selected by default, i selected option 2 and my Video was then presented.  This is probably configurable in the jabber-config file for all users.

Hi,

I was using this option before and didn't solve the issue.

But I checked it again today after I saw your reply and found it on option 1 then changed it to option 2 and it worked :) I can't believe it!! I was using option 2 before and it didn't work!!

Anyway, thank you so much brother for your help :)