Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail access issue withc jabber 11.1.1 and CUCM/CUC 8.6

hi,

With the last udapte version of Cisco Jabber for iPhone, I can't activate the voice mail (the simple telephony service work fine).

i can't configure the cuc server in the jabber application (just client username/password).

With the previous version of jabber, "jabber voice" it's work fine.

if i understand, with the new version of jabber, we must activated the visual voicemail.

I have use this configuration guide "http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/visual_voicemail/8-5/install/guide/vv_install/configure.html" but no success.

I want just use my jabber for simple téléphony service and voice mail.

somebody have a idéa?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gilles,

- I believe you need to make further troubleshooting through generating a Problem Report from the Client itself.

-Can you assure the Same credintial for the PHONE service is also for the Visual Voicemail . Do you have LDAP integration on both UCM/CUC? or make sure the "Web Password" for the user is the same as Phone password.

- Is Visual Voicemail enabled on the CUC. make sure Allow Users to Access Voice Mail Using an IMAP Client and/or Single Inbox  checked and the radio button  Allow IMAP Users to Access Message Bodies  selected. 

- You can as well change in the XML-CONFIG File for the Voicemail credential to be "none" and see if you can edit the configuration 

- Please reset Jabber client before each trial.

Thanks

Rate if it is helpful

View solution in original post

ok so here is how i got the voicemail service to work;

step 1) below steps were followed to get the phone service to start;

advanced settings \

connection to server set to “ automatically”; uncheck it

under select accounts type;

select “ Phone services only”.

enter the TFTP and ccmcip server address ( cucm server ip addresses) usually

enter the username@domainname.com

enter the password

and if you have a TCT device attached to you end user in “controlled device” section in cucm

it will prompt for cucm certificate

and if log in successful; it will help you sign in.

and you will be presented with a dial pad

****************** voicemail part ***********

Step 2 )

for the voicemail service this is what i did to get it to work;

in the jabber-config.xml i added the following lines;

<Voicemail>
<VoicemailPrimaryServer>a.b.c.d</VoicemailPrimaryServer>
</Voicemail>

where a.b.c.d is the ip address of the voicemail service. Now for login you have two options either you enter the uid and password manually; or you use the following parameter;

"VoiceMailService_UseCredentialsFrom"

here is a document that will help;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_01010.html#CJAB_RF_VF0970B0_00

refer to section "Voicemail Parameters"

- rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't have to configure visual VM, that's a phone service, not Jabber.

The Jabber guide covers all that is required to configure VM, have you followed it??

What is exactly happening right now??

What troubleshooting have you done??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i have create a jabber-config.xml (see attachement file), for setup the CUC ip address, but no success.

i have seen some jabber configuration guide, but in this task exemple, it use a CUPS server, but i don't have this server.

Hello Gilles,

- I believe you need to make further troubleshooting through generating a Problem Report from the Client itself.

-Can you assure the Same credintial for the PHONE service is also for the Visual Voicemail . Do you have LDAP integration on both UCM/CUC? or make sure the "Web Password" for the user is the same as Phone password.

- Is Visual Voicemail enabled on the CUC. make sure Allow Users to Access Voice Mail Using an IMAP Client and/or Single Inbox  checked and the radio button  Allow IMAP Users to Access Message Bodies  selected. 

- You can as well change in the XML-CONFIG File for the Voicemail credential to be "none" and see if you can edit the configuration 

- Please reset Jabber client before each trial.

Thanks

Rate if it is helpful

It's work fine!

I have configure the Web password of the user in CUC to match the same password of the user in CUCM.

But I was forced to use the jabber-config.xml file, and i doesn't use a "suscribe service" for my device in the phone CUCM configuration.

For the CUC and CUCM configuration, i have use this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/visual_voicemail/8-5/install/guide/vv_install/configure.html#wp1055020

i have done all step without "How to Add the Visual Voicemail Service in Cisco Unified Communications Manager", but i don't know if the previous step of this guide are really mandatory.

Thank a lot everybody for your help ;-)

I'm not even sure if that's possible, you're supposed to configure all that in CUPS, so it's then pushed over to Jabber, not bypass that and simply attempt to configure it on the .xml

HTH

java

Hola Jaime.

Aprovechando este foro, quiero pedir su ayuda. He configurado el Jabber para que los usuarios tengan acceso al Mailbox, sin embargo cuando abro el jabber, en el botón de buzón de voz, dice: "Introduzca sus credenciales". Ya revisé y esta ok la confighuuración de los UC Service , tambien el service profile, el Jabber-con.xml tiene la estructura correcta, según la documentación que he encontrado. 

Sabes quizás que debo revisar que he pasado por alto? Adjunto archivo con las imagenes.

Saludos. 

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you want to simply use the jabber 11.x for phone mode only. this is possible. Few things will need to come from the service profile. By service profile i mean;

cucm admin page\ user management\ user settings\ service profile.

within the service profile you will have options to setup voicemail server and mailstore ( both will point to unity connection server). You will need to create the uc service entries for the same under;

cucm admin page\ user management\ user settings\uc service

-> As far as connecting the phone to the cucm end is concerned; expecting that you would have got all the end user device association as well as TCT device created; you have two options;

1) either you do it through service discovery where you might be able to try using the UDS SRV over the DNS that the iphone will use while on wi-fi.

2) you connect manually; in order to do this; while on the login screen; click advanced settings\ select the cucm 9.x option\ enter the ip address of the cucm server.

come back to the main screen; enter something link; userid@domainname ( here domain name can be you cucm domain name; though the server discovery would be done with the manual entry that you made.)

you will be presented with a login screen; enter the userid and password; and that should let you login. Once you are in; the service profile should help with the voicemail account setup.

- please rate if this helps.

Amit, he ONLY has CUCM, and it's v8.6, no service profiles, all that config would still be on CUPS 8.6, which he does NOT have.

HTH

java

Agree; ignore the UDS SRV as well since that is supported in cucm 9.x and above. However the BOT device itself has an option get the settings (voicemail) entered within it to get this to work in that case. cucm version is supported for jabber for iPhone ; so setting this up in lab wont be a big deal. I will get it done and post the outputs here.

ok so here is how i got the voicemail service to work;

step 1) below steps were followed to get the phone service to start;

advanced settings \

connection to server set to “ automatically”; uncheck it

under select accounts type;

select “ Phone services only”.

enter the TFTP and ccmcip server address ( cucm server ip addresses) usually

enter the username@domainname.com

enter the password

and if you have a TCT device attached to you end user in “controlled device” section in cucm

it will prompt for cucm certificate

and if log in successful; it will help you sign in.

and you will be presented with a dial pad

****************** voicemail part ***********

Step 2 )

for the voicemail service this is what i did to get it to work;

in the jabber-config.xml i added the following lines;

<Voicemail>
<VoicemailPrimaryServer>a.b.c.d</VoicemailPrimaryServer>
</Voicemail>

where a.b.c.d is the ip address of the voicemail service. Now for login you have two options either you enter the uid and password manually; or you use the following parameter;

"VoiceMailService_UseCredentialsFrom"

here is a document that will help;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_01010.html#CJAB_RF_VF0970B0_00

refer to section "Voicemail Parameters"

- rate if this helps.